Here are some facts about Back Pain
- 35 million people visit their chiropractor every year in the U.S.
- It is the second most common reason for visits to medical doctor’s office. The common cold is the only condition that sends more people to the doctor.
- It affects more than half of adults each year and 10% of all people have regular, chronic back pain.
What Causes Back Pain?
There are many reasons. We will some of the most common causes here, now.
- Muscle strains, trigger points, inflammation
- Spinal Disc problems
- Joint/Spine misalignment ie. Subluxations.
- Sports or work-related injuries.
- Car accidents.
- Kidney infections or kidney stones.
There are many other less common conditions that can cause a varieties of pain symptoms, and getting an accurate diagnosis is often times important.
Chiropractors are experts at diagnosing the causes of the back pains, and working with the patient, and other health care professionals (if needed) to get the best possible treatment and resolution to the problem.